SIX OF CROWS BY LEIGH BARDUGO

Six of Crows
Book #1
Leigh Bardugo

The cover to this duology series is what had me interested, and I know you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover but I’m so glad I did. With its gothic design and beautiful text I just couldn’t help myself – and safe to say I’ve found a new must read author!
Kaz Brekker is an infamous thief and slumlord who rules with a cruel iron fist. He is offered a huge amount of money to break into the most well protected prison and rescue a scientist who has created a drug that can control and amplify the powers of the “Grisha”, people with powerful gifts. Kaz enlists a group of criminals who are the best at what they do and together they try to pull off the biggest break in (and break out) anyone has ever seen.
This book is beautifully written, with flawed but realistic characters. The perspectives swap between all six main characters seamlessly, I found myself adoring the simple relationships building between the characters and I connected with each one.

"A gambler, a convict, a wayward son, a lost Grisha, a Suli girl who has become a killer, a boy from the Barrel who had become something worse

 There is another series by this author called “Shadow and Bone” which is set in the same world, but I haven’t had the chance to read them yet, and I found I wasn’t missing anything by not as this book was so well fleshed out. It had dark elements which I relished, it had love interests which were fantastic and flawed and the action was non-stop. I can’t wait to read book two.

Comments

Popular Posts